This section includes the forms each candidate fills out, information relevant for any RPT candidate with a joint appointment, directions for the candidate, directions for the review committees, commentary from the dean, and MSU’s general information on the RPT process.
Faculty Evaluation Procedures in Lyman Briggs College
This document describes the annual and RPT evaluation processes.
Memoranda of Understanding
Each joint faculty appointment is governed by a memorandum of understanding between the faculty member, Briggs and the joint appointment unit(s). Moreover, Briggs and the joint-appointment colleges have created documents about the RPT criteria and processes for their joint appointees. Clicking the link above will take you to information on these written agreements.
Information for Candidates
- Interim Dean Largent's 2018-19 Charge to RPT Candidates
- Dean Simmons' article on nominating external evaluators
- Briggs RPT Candidate Checklist
- Briggs Candidate Seminar Guidelines
- Briggs Candidate Form D Guidelines
- Briggs Review Candidate Teaching Portfolio Guidelines
Information for Promotion Review Committees
The PRC committee reviews a single candidate for reappointment, promotion, or tenure. It is composed of one HPS and one STEM faculty member from Briggs and one faculty member from the joint appointment unit.
- Dean Simmons' 2017-18 Charge to Promotion Review Committees
- Briggs PRC Teaching Evaluation Guidelines
University Information on the RPT Process
MSU has a multi-level review process for reappointment, promotion and tenure (RPT) decisions. This guide explains the process.
MSU's Office of Faculty and Organizational Development maintains an ANGEL site "Survive and Thrive in the Tenure System"
that includes exemplary RPT documents (Form D and reflective essays). Many were written by Briggs faculty, and are well worth reading.
- MSU Faculty Handbook Section on RPT
- MSU RPT Forms
- MSU FAQ for the RPT Forms
- MSU ADAPP/ADVANCE RPT Toolkit
To access faculty information, please click the appropriate header above. To contact the college for help navigating this page, please click here.