Lyman Briggs College has come a long way since being established as MSU's second residential college in 1967. Growth in enrollment has created a cretical need for space to support the living/learning atmosphere that characterizes Briggs.
Dean Simmons has announce plans to reovate the West Lower Lounge into:
- 6 Faculty Offices to accomodate faculty peresently located outside of Holmes Hall
- Senior seminar/conference room
- Student Study and Engagement area
Please consider a gift in support of this project. Gifts of any size are welcome
Special donor recognition opportunities are available at the folowing gift levels:
- $ 500 or more will be recognized on a special donor wall
- $ 5,000 sponsorship gifts will be recognized on faculty offices
- $ 25,000 gift will be recognized on the senior seminar room
- $ 75,000 lead gift will be recognized in the student study and engagement area
To make a gift follow this link: West Lower Lounge Donation
For more information contact: Mark Johnston at (517) 353-4869, email@example.com
Your generous giving plays a vital role in supporting Lyman Briggs College as a national model for undergraduate residential learning communities that interconnects Science, Mathematics and the History, Philosophy and Sociology of Science (HPS).
Standing on our own as a college we need to secure the resources that will allow us to maintain excellence and innovation in instructional/research facilities, academic program and student scholarship support. Our ability to develop financial resources is a critical source of our future success.
Please stand with us by making a generous contribution to these major areas of need as established by the College.
Honoring Dr. Dutton and meeting a critical need for scholarships for Briggs Students.
The goal of this scholarship fund is to create an endowment fund of $100,000. The income will provide a perpetual scholarship award of $5,000 per year (depending on rate of return). View the scholarship agreement.
Gifts of all sizes are welcome. Larger gifts will be recognized on a plaque honoring Dr. Dutton and listing donors under the following categories:
MAKE A GIFT TO THE DUTTON SCHOLARSHIP FUND
For more than 30 years, Dr. Howard Hagerman's and Dr. Mimi Sayed's personal and professional dedication has helped to connect thousands of Briggs students to success. Now the College has begun an effort to thank them by naming a biology lab in their honor.
This is an opportunity to thank them for their dedication and service to Lyman Briggs.
- The overall campaign goal is $250,000, the amount necessary to formally name the biology lab in their honor.
- In addition to the naming honor, all gifts will directly benefit Briggs by helping to repay the cost of the major lab renovations completed in 2006.
- Gifts of all amounts are appreciated. Gifts of $1,000 or more will receive donor plaque recognition.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE FUND (.pdf)
MAKE A GIFT TO THE LAB NAMING FUND